Sunday, November 30, 2008

Start The Baby Steps

Since I've registered for the race I've slowly gotten back into a decent exercise routine. I started out by running a couple times a week, just 2 miles per workout. Last week I ran 4 times with one of the runs being the Thanksgiving Drumstick Dash (4.5 miles). This week I'm running everyday at lunch, 3 miles each day.

I'm starting to work on my swimming by practicing with a masters swimming team. I'll workout with the team 3 days a week, then swim on my own 1 day. This will be my biggest challenge so far in my road to the ironman. I've never been a good long distance swimmer. It will be fun to learn something new with a coach and I'm hoping to meet some training people for the summer.

I currently weigh 215 pounds. My goal is to be around 200 pounds by 1/1/09. The running should take care of it. I'm easing into a better diet. No more soft drinks or "overeating".

I'm running a marathon on 4/11/09. I start mileage in late January. It'll be 25-30 miles to start. Bring it on...

2 comments:

AWARE said...

You've got the plan, baby steps. Sounds like you're a solid athlete so you know what you're doing. I'll keep track and be in your corner. Good job!

AWARE said...

Free free to ask any questions. Might be better via email or just ask in a comment and I'll answer in the blog or email you back...whichever. I'm not super-fast, and I refuse to let tri live my life...but I have fun at it and try to keep a good perspective.